GPF IS EVOLVING
PEACE KEEPING MISSIONS
Peace-keeping missions are embarked upon by United Nations Security Council resolutions to support the implementations of ceasefire agreements and peace process; protect United Nations staff, facilities and civilians; support humanitarian and human right activities, as well as assist in national security reform in affected member states.
News & Evens
Lets Join Hands To Have a Crime free Country
This section contains a list of the management board..............There is a security update available for your version of Drupal.This section contains a list of the management board..............There is
More About GPF
The Gambia Police Force(GPF) is part of the Ministry of the Interior and has a force of about 5,000 uniformed and plain-clothes police officers. The GPF is commanded by an Inspector General of Police who is assisted by a Deputy Inspector General, Administrative and the Regional Commissioners.
- Uphold the laws of the Gambia fairly and firmly;
- Keep the peace;
- Protect, help and reassure the community;
- Prevent, detect and investigate crime;
- Pursue and bring to justice those who break the law;
- Protect life and property;
- Perform this mission with integrity, common sense and sound judgment.
- Office of the Inspector General of Police;
- Strategic,Administrative and Operational Command;
- Human Rights,Public Relations;
- Complaint & Discipline Office;
- Information Technology;
- Major Crime;
- Serious Crime,
- Fraud & Commercial crime;
- Crime Statistics,
- Criminal Records & Scientific Support;
- Police General Operations;
- Child Welfare;
- Police Band;
- Mobile Traffic;
- Human Resources;
- Criminal Intelligence and INTERPOL Bureau.